Did you know an airbrush tan can completely transform how you feel about yourself! Not only does it give you a more, youthful, beautiful glow; it covers and smooths any blemishes you may have on your skin. it will decrease the appearance of cellulite as it masks your skin with an even colour resulting in a more radiant confident you! Check out the below on how to prepare for you flawless airbrush tan.
Before your appointment
- Exfoliate your skin 1-2 days prior to your spray tan appointment. You can use products and mitts on these days.
- Shave 24 hours prior to your appointment. If your circumstances mean you have to shave on the day of your appointment, we recommend that you give the shaved area a light exfoliation (just with water) after shaving to make sure that all excess product has been removed from the skin; but this must not be within three three hours of your appointment.
- The night before your spray tan appointment, moisturise your skin really well. Please do not moisturise again until you have had your spray tan applied and it has fully developed (approx. 24 hours).
- Unless you have a very early spray tan appointment (in which case, avoid showering completely), shower the morning of the day you are booked in for your tan; ensuring this is at least three hours prior to your appointment (water may raise your skin's pH, and if too high, this can cause your tan to easily overdevelop and result in an orange appearance). Using water only, you can lightly exfoliate at this point.
- Do not use any tanning products one week prior to your appointment.
- Do not wear any make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions on the day of your appointment. If you need to, please remove at your appointment with baby wipes.
After your spray tan
- Wear loose, dark clothing with sandals or thongs.
- Keep skin completely dry, avoid water contact
- Do not apply any products over the developing tan.
- Allow tan to develop for the required amount of time (timing asper your technician's recommendation). Avoid other beauty/hair treatments whilst tan is developing.
- Avoid activities that make you perspire.
- Stay as cool as possible as hot and/or sweaty skin will not allow the tan to develop and may result in a patchy tan.
After your tan has developed
- Rinse off the colour guide bronzer (after the required amount of time) with warm water and your hands (do not use any soaps or products at this stage; you are just rinsing off the colour guide). Your tan will not be developed at this point so it is normal to go back to your original skin colour.
- Do not wash your hair when you are rinsing off your spray tan as shampoos and conditioners can remove the spray tan and result in a streaky appearance.
- Avoid products (body washes, shampoos, creams etc) that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), toners, sulphates (SLSs) or oils as these can strip the colour from your spray tan. Buy sulphate/SLS free.
- Avoid swimming pools and the ocean as these will prematurely fade your tan
- To prolong your tan, moisturise your skin daily (with a lotion or milk, not products heavy with oils).